Monday, January 5, 2015

How To Eat A Kiwi Like An Expert

I've been in Western Australia for just about a year.  Of course I've seen many differences but I won't compare.  All I intend to do is to say what is good and to attract what is good.  Besides, everything that has happened to me and to everyone around me has been a blessing.
The first blessing which came to me and an ongoing one, if I say so myself, is the Kiwi fruit. The Kiwi fruit is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and fiber.  Take note that prior writing this article I didn't know that but I did hear that it is filled with antioxidants.  That and the fact that the fruit tastes good especially when it is a little bit over ripped (i.e. it tastes sweeter the ripper it gets), makes the Kiwi fruit an instant favorite.  Earlier this year, one fruit was around one dollar but a few months after, it became 4 fruits per 2 dollars.. then 5 fruits per 2 dollars.  It is practically being given to me.
How To Eat a Kiwi Like An Expert
1. Cut the Kiwi in half
2. Use a teaspoon (not a spoon) to get the edible part of the fruit.
The Kiwi I usually get are the brown fuzzy skinned ones with green insides.  I really didn't give much attention to them when I was in the Philippines.  The first time I appreciated them was when I went to New Zealand a few years back.  In that country, the word "Kiwi" had a colourful meaning.  There was a Kiwi, the fruit; Kiwi, the animal; and Kiwi, the person.  Being there, I was bombarded with Kiwis and so I had to know what they were.
Prior my visit to New Zealand, I never really thought about living in another country other than the Philippines. But, when I was pleasantly bombarded with the Kiwis, my eyes were opened.  I began to see myself as a citizen of the world and I knew that I can live anywhere I want to.  There were really other countries to consider.  I could have gone to Singapore because I had friends there and my brother lived in Malaysia.  I could have easily visited him if I were there.  I could also have gone to the US where my other brother was. Then there was also New Zealand and, of course, a close relation to it which is Australia.
So what does this all mean?  I have been wondering why I like the kiwi fruit so much.  Is it because it is practically healthy, sweet, and refreshing?  Or is it because it represents one of the biggest decisions of my life?  I think I'll have more reasons listed here as i eat it and as I continue living in Australia.  First year living in Australia completed.  Now there are a lot of things to happen still and these Kiwi fruits will somehow become my witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment