Sunday, March 22, 2015

Our Inexperienced Heart

The Heart is Forever inexperienced
— Henry David Thoreau

Every day, it is good to declare that I am “full of love”, that I am grateful for the day, and that the love is so overflowing from me that it can’t help itself but expand to the people around me.  That I be “full of love” is one of those things that I pray and hope to achieve.

One day my brother’s son told him “Dad, I love you more than a little bit” and “more”  than “a little bit” is actually a lot.  That sweet child was able to express the amount of love he has for his father and that left my brother astounded. It seems like the younger our hearts are, the more we are able to love.

But then again, even if we love completely,  we have to always ask ourselves if we are loving properly.  And so, another one of my most sincerest prayer is that I love the people around me the way that He’d want me to love them. Besides, I know that He would love anyone I love even more than I do love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment